Time needed: 10 minutes.
Follow the procedure below to transfer money from your Mpesa account to an Absa account (formerly Barclays)
- Open your simtool or Safaricom application then Go to MPesa menu then tap on Lipa na M-Pesa
- Select “Paybill” then tap on “Enter business no.”
Business number for Absa Bank is 303030. Input the Business number the press OK
- Input the Absa Bank account number you are transferring money to and press OK
- Enter amount you would like to deposit and press OK
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press OK
Transaction confirmation popup with the details of your transfer will appear, Confirm all the details are correct and press OK
- Verify the transfer then click OK to complete the transaction
You will receive a verification window from M-Pesa to verify that the details are correct, if correct, dismiss the notification, If the transfer details is wrong, enter type 1 and press OK to cancel the transaction
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-Pesa confirming the transaction.
Depending on your setup of Absa account, you will receive a notification that the amount has been deposited onto your Absa account